It is never easy to organize and run a successful marketing campaign, however this is what you need to do to start you on your journey to success.
You need to figure out exactly who your prospective clients are and where they come from. This information is vital to determining where your marketing message needs to land. Your research should cover internet sources, mail, word of mouth and other. You should get an idea of the demographics of your potential clients by doing your research.
Your website design is an important tool in marketing your business. You need a simple design that is easy to navigate. You want your visitors to feel welcome when they visit your website. Simple, clean and uncluttered is the objective. One of the key steps in your marketing campaign is to get people to visit your website.
You need to get your business brand established. You need to do this before you ever launch your website. Branding teaches people what your business is all about. People want to know who you are, what you have to offer and where they can find out more. This should be a major part of your branding process. You want people to think about your business when they are using your website.
Search Engine Optimization
You need to get your website higher in the rankings. Ranking is important because search engines give priority to websites that are ranked higher. People then go to websites higher in the rankings. Higher in the rankings means more successful and reliable, right? This means that you need to get your website higher in the rankings.
The process is actually not that hard.
Follow these 10 key steps to launch a successful marketing campaign for your business.
1. Cost-effective, cost-effective, cost-effective. Keep this point in mind when spending your money. Cost-effective means that you need to invest money in order to make money. Investing money is knowing when and how to invest.
2. Targeted, targeted, targeted. The more you define your audience, the better chance you have of hitting your target audience.
3. Simple, simple, simple. Keep your message simple. If you try to say too much, then your website visitors will be confused.
4. Comfortable, comfortable, comfortable. This means that the more information you include on your website, the more your visitor will stick around your site.
5. Consistent, consistent, consistent. Consistent is the keyword that guides your website development. If you are too erratic in your website design, it will show.
6. Consistent branding. I mentioned that you need to keep your message simple. That is the same here. In branding, the same text/logo should be used on your website more than once. A good example is Starbucks. Their slogan is always the same, “I am an American.” This way, your target audience always knows what you are all about.
7. Consistent design. A great example of a consistent website design is Microsoft. You have seen their logo and similar if not the same messages on their website since 1993.
8. Consistent messaging. The same wording should be used in your emails, invoices, and phone messages. This way, your recipients understand your message and what you’re about and they will begin to know, like and trust you.
In the past, we had a friend who always used Microsoft products. Every time she went into a store, she would always buy Microsoft products. Today, many people search for Apple as the alternative. Same thing with our friend’s clothes, in the past, she would also search for Levi’s as her brand of choice but not any more, now she’s looking for Gucci or Prada. Her choice of brand may have changed, but she’s still portraying the same message – her style.
9. Consistent branding. A great example of consistent branding is the “Apple” brand. Every time you see the Apple brand, you tend to associate it with quality – you won’t see the Apple brand on a pay-as-you-go cheap cellphone as they don’t want their brand associated with that type of product. Create a clear picture on what your brand stands for and apply it to whatever product you create. Whenever you see the Apple logo, you can safely assume that it is compatible with other Apple products.
10. Consistent messaging. If it is not consistent, it is not effective. In branding, the same text should be used on your emails, invoices, and brochures. In the domain of an email, a consistent message is an excellent way to build trust and a relationship with your customers. And in the title of any brochures you produce, a consistent message will help you to create a great impression. So, be consistent in your message. It is effective, it is efficient and it can build your business.